Thursday, April 29, 2010

..and so it begins



Thursday morning and I am sitting here fighting a migraine. I think I actually caught it in time and got the meds in....the pain is manageable. Manageable meaning I will be able to function as a human today, albeit a CRANKY human.



Saturday we are kicking off our Weight Management Course. We have decided to do things a bit differently and teach all three Phases of the Curves Weight Management Program *in a nutshell*. We can't seem to get the gals to move on from Phase 1. The calorie increase scares the puddin' out of them! I can totally understand that...we come from a generation of calorie counters....

"I have 250 calories left for the day...it is 11 am. Those M&Ms look mighty good. I can have x amount and still be good."












Sound familiar? Or how about this:

"I have 10 points left. I can have x amount of Hershey Kisses and then I promise I will just eat a HUGE POT of 0 Point soup for dinner...."







This doesn't set anyone up for long term success. Can you lose weight on these programs? Absolutely. Can you live your life on these programs?

Can you?

I couldn't.

I have counted calories, counted points, counted carbs, counted fat grams. One thing these program did teach me was how to count to at least 22. I learned THAT in grade school. I also discovered that each time I gained that weight BACK, it was *fluffier*. You know what I mean. I felt and looked fluffier....fatter. Because I WAS. I was losing a large amount of LEAN MUSCLE MASS....the metabolically active (calorie burning) part of my body! When the weight came back it wasn't the lean mass I lost, it was FAT.




It wasn't until I incorporated a REAL nutrition program combined with strength training that my body and LIFE began to change.......








I guess I said all of this to say THIS: Monday morning I will be starting Phase I of the Weight Management Program with the members AND Staff. We all have different goals, and we will be sharing those. I will be taking the rest of the week to encourage myself and others to get busy on this before Summer! I have been through all 3 Phases of the program and IT WORKS! It's FUN! and it is a program you can LIVE with....that INCLUDES M&Ms (Phase III is like Disneyland and Christmas morphed together!)!....and that cabbage soup if you REALLY want it...

Follow the blog...I will be brutally honest here about all the struggles and successes I encounter....email me your questions! I will answer them here, anonymously if you want ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment