Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's a great day to begin again!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and it is TIME!  

Spring is a great time to begin again.....I am coming out of my wintry hibernation and I swear every cell in my brain is SINGING!  Sunshine is GOOD!  

I am sitting here having my coffee *preparing* for the first day of our club's Weight Management Course.  It will run six weeks and is a crash course of our New and Improved Weight Management Program .  I am excited!  I am just coming off Phase III and getting ready to hit Phase I again :-)  This time around I lost 5 lbs of scale weight and 7.5 inches overall...the program works IF you work the program!

Unfortunately the body is rebelling today.  Last night I got together with my brother for what we fondly call "White Trash Cocktail Party".  It was a ritual instituted by him when he found me in my dark house a few years ago, not wanting to socialize with anyone.  He somehow managed to drag me from the house and we went and picked up some odd snacks:  a cheap bottle of wine, pickled herring, blue cheese, sardines and saltine crackers.  I am retaining water just thinking about it!  We brought it back to the house and just gabbed.....  Talked about the stressful week we had, how crazy our lives become at times, laugh about childhood memories...cry about childhood memories....and by the time the table is covered with crumbs and corks we are in a much better place :-)  It is a good thing.   Last week was particularly stressful for my brother and his wife, so we called the WTCP, but it had to be done before I start Phase I on Monday :-) 


Lots of fun, lots of laughs....lots of water retention.


TODAY is PLANNING DAY.....TODAY  is MOTIVATION DAY.....I am excited!  I am excited because I get to inspire and motivate the ladies taking on the important task of wellness....and I am excited because THEY ARE INSPIRING ME to stay on track...it goes both ways....because we are all Stronger Together!

Member Spotlight




Sit still, take a deep breath and relax. Now, what is the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word STRONG? Maybe you thought of words such as powerful, fierce, and mighty. Or maybe you saw images of body builders, large animals or forces of nature.
At Curves, when we hear the word STRONG, we think of–
Shelly from Santa Maria, California who has pledged to make women stronger by having the confidence that every woman should have.
Jerry in Penrith, Australia working hard to show those around her that it is possible to reach your goals. She is empowered by the support, encouragement, strength she receives from her Curves family.
Phyllis from Hilo, Hawaii who is a health professional committed to walking the talk. Phyllis says, "As women, many people depend on us. It's important for us to stay healthy. After all, aren't we worth it?"
Cancer survivor, Martha in Greenville, South Carolina who is sharing her strength by setting a good example. She proudly proclaims, "I am a healthier cancer survivor!"
Chris from Ellicott City, Maryland is making women stronger by setting an example that Fibromyalgia can be beaten.
Melynda from Calgary, Alberta who proudly proclaims that she is making women stronger by being a healthy and active example to her daughter.
Jonna from Staplehurst, Nebraska who openly shares her story in hopes to inspire other women to be stronger.
Mary in Olympia, Washington is making women stronger by "just being me."
At Curves when we hear the word STRONG, we think of you. You have a strength that you may not even recognize yet. And you have a story. Just think, what if your story can influence just one person...who can influence one person...who can influence one person...you can be part of something huge–something, powerful, fierce, and mighty. You can be part of something STRONG.
This year, Curves has taken on the challenge to strengthen one million women. And it all starts with people like Shelly, Martha, Jonna, and YOU. Women all around the world suffer from preventable diseases; but, with small steps for our health, we have the power to change this. By committing to hold your own health as a priority, you can affect those around you. Share your story and share your strength today. Visit http://www.curves.com/StrongerTogether/. Invite the women you care about to join with you. Together, we will make this world one million women stronger.



.....I gotta scram so I can get my workout in before the class starts!




















No comments:

Post a Comment