Friday, May 14, 2010

Trigger Foods and Broken Scale

Phase II
Day 6

....cold cereal is a trigger food for me.....

It can be a whole grain, low fat cereal like Bran Flakes or the yumminess of Marshmallow Mateys...makes no difference to me.  Throw it in a trough with soy or almond milk and I can eat the whole box by myself.....this is NOT an exaggeration.

I discovered another trigger food for me.....Amy Baker's Fluff recipe that I posted last week....


While the recipe is perfectly *legal* on our weight management program, I can't stay our of it...a nibble here and a nibble there...*SIGH*...and what makes matters worse is I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO EATS IT HERE....so the sugar free jello, cool whip and cottage cheese will have to be removed from my shopping list.....

What I can control better is nonfat plain yogurt with a TBSP of sugar free Jello pudding powder stirred in....I have done pistachio, white chocolate and today chocolate...fabulous, sweet, but doesn't make me go running for more.  Perfectly satisfying without turning on the Sugar Monkey ;-)

In club we have a bit of a bummer.  The scale will noth old it's calibration :-(  The gals on the Weight Management program are a bit upset, but their measurements look GREAT!!!  Lynn said she'd be buying a new scale today, so YIPPEE!!!  

Rick got his car back from the mechanic last night.  I am so happy!  It is nice to at least have HIS car to drive until MINE is fixed....Rick's car has good energy.  I told him it felt good to have him around me in the car as I drove to work.  He totally knew what I meant ;-)  Hopefully my car will be fixed soon!

On the fitness front:  I am kickin' my Curves workout Old School right now.  I was working out 6 days a week as prescribed by the Muscel Size and Strength Program on CurvesSmart.  I have changed my program to Endurance and am back to every other day.  Endurance allows me to really push myself without hesitating me when my heart rate gets out of the general window.  My fitness level allows me to get into the purple for 6 weeks with no ill effects ;-)  So today I did some walking in the sunshine and will practice hoop dancing...total cardio and lots of fun ;-)  I taped another hoop today.....yellow and blue...looks cool!  I will be ordering mirror tape and gaffer tape soon to really bling them up...

Two moves I am working on this week are:  










2 comments:

  1. Gina..we are so much the same with our trigger foods the WHOLE box of cold cereal..definately! and fluff...wow!...I *GET* the NO EXAGGERATION part!!(I'm there) At least when I'm at my parents house I have to fight-for/share the portions of the fluff with my dad...seems to be his trigger food too :) Makes sense to just keep it off the shopping list...and LADIES....We're not saying this is the easy part either! But be GOOD to yourselves...don't even bring it in if you know you have a problem ;)

    ReplyDelete