Friday, May 7, 2010

Phase 1 Life Savers!

Phase 1
Day 6


Special Topic Class last night was great.  Clara talked about eating outMy jaw literally hit the floor when I heard that a there is over 500 calories in a half cup of Ranch dressing!!  I came home and did the math.  There is 140 calories in 2 TBSP...that is a serving.  So if you ar dipping fries or pizza or MOZARELLA STICKS in that it is 1120 calories for a half cup!  AMAZING!  We all love ranch!  I made a dip for my veggies yesterday that Krissy thought was ranch! Recipe will follow.....It's great...use it as a salad dressing too...count this as a dairy :-)

Clara asked us how we are getting through Phase 1 and if we had anything that was helping us get through it. 

Linda said she is drinking a lot of water.  This is great!  We need to stay hydrated! Marilyn kept us all in stitches and Clara on her toes by asking funny questions!  It was so much fun!  Amy and Kay took Margaret under their wing when she was having difficulty understanding the exchange tables...it really helps when so many are there to lend a helping hand.  Those ladies are great!  Stephanie is learning to modify meals she is making for her family while still staying true to the program.  She is seeing results and it shows!

Next week we will hear about the importance of reading Food Labels.  I can't wait to be with that group again....what a sisterhood we have at Curves!

On with the recipes....

My Nighttime Lifesaver:
I took about a cup of nonfat, sugar free plain yogurt and stirred in a TBSP of sugar free fat free butterscotch pudding powder.  It was great, and it killed my sweet tooth but kept me on track.  I counted it as my starch exchange for dinner.



My Mock Ranch Dressing
3/4 c nonfat sugar free PLAIN yogurt
salt to taste
garlic powder to taste
Dill seasoning ( I use Deliciously Dill Salt Free Blend by The Spice Hunter)
1 packet Sun Crystals
1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar


Amy Baker's Fluff

1 large container fat free cottage cheese
1 container Sugar Free Cool Whip
1 box (any flavor) sugar free Jello Powder
1 small can crushed pineapple DRAINED DRY
1 small can mandarin oranges DRAINED DRY

Dump all ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. Refridgerate.  1 cup of this is a protein and such a small amount of fruit you can count it as a starch or not.  It is YUMMY


My Cheesecake Dessert

1 c. nonfat cottage cheese
2 TBSP Sugar free Fat free Jello Pudding powder Cheesecake flavor 
1 c frozen berries

Whip cottage cheese and pudding powder in food processor. Allow to set up in fridge for about 20 min.  Top with berries of your choice.  Counts as 1 proetin exchange and 1 fruit exchange.



EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!   It's almost time for me to open Curves, so I gotta run and have my coffee and breakfast.....HAVE A GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment