Sunday, May 2, 2010

Borrowing Willpower/Motivation from a friend today

 PHASE 1
DAY 1



Yesterday at the Weight Management Meeting one of the members really inspired me with her determination, her ability to hear the straight talk, and her motivation to get started TODAY and not MONDAY.



Thank you Linda!  I have decided to go ahead and get started TODAY with you! .....you have INSPIRED ME to not wait, to get back on track immediately :-)

So what's on the menu today? 

Personally I like a protein shake first thing.  On the mornings I am up at 4:30 am I really just want that first cup of coffee...shakes are easy when you are in a brain fog!  They are also perfect on those rare occasions I get to sleep in (like today) and I am actually getting close to my snack time. It's just easy and super nutritious!

Yesterday I tried something new.  I slept in, but had the class to teach, so I measured out my Curves Protein Powder (Vanilla) and put it in my shaker cup with 2 TBSP of Lemon Jello.  After my workout and before my class I shook it all up with very cold water (no milk at the club) and it was really good!  Very refreshing and very spring like!  Sunshine in a shaker!  

Shaker Sunshine

2 scoops Curves Vanilla Protein Powder
2 TBSP Lemon Jello (1 TBSP if you use Sugar Free)
8 oz milk of your choice (dairy, soy, nut...or WATER...no excuses)

Shake until frothy and delicious :-) 
You can do this with ANY flavor...the possibilities are limitless!



I have beans left over, so I will be using those as my protein source today. So here is what my menu will look like:


Breakfast:  Curves Protein Shake (Shaker Sunshine again)
snack:  1/2 oz or walnuts (I always have walnuts in the freezer)
Lunch: 1.5 cups pinto beans, green salad w/balsamic vinegar, apple
snack:  1/2 oz walnuts
Dinner: 1.5 cups of beans, 4 corn tortillas, onions, tomatoes, lettuce (tostadas!  FOUR TOSTADAS!!!!) and LOTS of hot sauce ;-)  Serve cheese on the side for my family....do you think ANY of them will feel deprived?  NO WAY!






I also need to get my green tea brewing, because that counts as part of my 8 glasses of water for the day....and I need to get my 30 minute walk in.  Rick and I usually "do the water tower" before he heads to work....that is the paved walk up Golden Hill around to Rolling Hill and down to Creston...around Von's Shopping center...that walk usually takes us about 40 minutes and it is a workout!  Little hills and valleys all the way around that really gets the heart pumpin'!

 .....and if I get around to adding my latest passion to my fitness day, I'll let you know ;-)  Our member Cathy A. turned me onto it....lately this is what I use to chase the blues away.  This isn't me, by the way....:


 






No comments:

Post a Comment